9 Jun 2010

So I know I don't normally do just text posts but I thought I'd let people know about the best thing I've seen in a while, The creators Project.
It's basically some awesome idea that Vice (The fucking cool free magazine) and Intel (no idea why they're helping but they make fuckloads of computers so it can't be a bad thing). Think of it as a kinda arts foundation to support artists (music / fashion /art / whatever). It’s kinda like making the best use of technology to support creativity. I like the sound of it. In their own words: “Status quo is just not enough.”

At the moment they already have some ridiculously cool artists on there like Diplo and CSS and they're getting some more cool people soon like Gang Gang dance and Boys Motherfucking Noize. But the main reason for this post is to big up Mark Ronson. I only recently realised how cool mr.ronson actually is. Sure he's produced some gimmicky covers before but some of the stuff he's done is fucking cool. Check him out here http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/en-uk/creators/mark-ronson
The man loves HipHop, works with Amy winehouse (who apart from being all druggy is actually really cool) and has a new album coming out soon which sounds really good actually. It's not all covers this time, he's done his own stuff like this (Link) which I really like the sound of.

anywho, that's enough of that for now, more of the normal post sometime this week probably
ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment