4 May 2010

To Begin, At The Beginning

So thought I had 1000 words to do for tomorrow but a friend told me it doesn't have to be in till next week. THANK FUCK for that because I was already writing a post and here it is.

DJ Cable - Mr Muscles Hype
A lovelylovely mashup between Tempa T and Rusko done by some small DJ. I'm pretty sure this was in the first post I ever did on here but I've just re-discovered it so I'm re-posting it. Tempa T makes any vocals sound so violent it makes you want to go kick a granny. And Rusko has the occasional awesome track, luckily Mr. Muscles Hype (The original) was one of them. The DJ who did this worked out the timings perfectly too, either that or it was the luckiest mashup ever.
Link

Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven (Soulwax Remix)
There was massive dispute over whether this song was actually from soulwax or not, turned out it was. Kind of obvious that it is, can't you tell from the drums and bassline? Such a classic, even made me actually like classical music instead of just respecting it.um.not much else to say on that one actually.
Link

Peter Bjorn and John - Young Folks (Diplo Youngest Folks Remix)
Right I know I love Diplo too much but I've only just started listening to his actual albums (Decent Work For Decent Pay and Florida). WOW They're so good! This is definitely one of the highlights on DWFDP, Easily one of the best remixes I've heard from him. He somehow manages to get a drop into one of the most chilled out songs I've ever heard. Also I don't know what instrument he plays over the top of the whistling part but I want one. It may actually be a guitar but he's done some odd things with it. well he is odd so why not ey.
Link

Erol Alkan Feat. Boys Noize - Avalanche
If anyone remembers how much I was adoring Lemonade a few weeks ago then you'll hate me for this one too. This is the other song released on the same vinyl as lemonade. ( Quick note- Bought the vinyl of Avalance/Lemonade the other day IT'S SO GOOD and there's only 250 in the world. ) Unfortunately it is classed as "Techno" which means it should utterly suck, be played in shitty European and chav clubs and possibly be played by Tiesto (Uhhh.) But then again it is Boys noize, who already is a god and erol alkan, who is quickly moving up the ranks to godliness. So enjoy.
Link

More would be added but 30 Rock is on so goodbye.

7 comments:

  1. Guess that last link shouldn't be the same as the first, but
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHaLHgr4ydw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers anon, I've changed it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your taste in music is a godsend. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do people give me anonymous compliments?! I want to say thank you but I don't know who to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The intermanets can be a scary place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. srsly, I want to know who this is! dammit anonymous cmmnts irritate me. which is why I suck at formspring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First anon was me (check ip's if you can), the rest wasn't.

    ReplyDelete