19 May 2010

I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good.

Wagwaaaan, I've been revising for a while now but I don't have any exams for a whooooooooooooole week[Okay, now it's 2 days, I got distracted when writing this post] so I'm getting a LOT of music ready for the epic amount of studying I have planned. I'm posting a selection from the last few days now, I'll post more next week before my exams start again.


M.I.A. - Born Free (High Contrast Remix)
I've never heard of a music video getting as much controversy as Born Free got. I really didn't think it was that bad but what do I know, I play video games and take drugs so I must be out to murder the world and their grandmas. Anyway I didn't expect many remixes of this track but High Contrast for some reason decided to make one and it's pretty good actually. Not incredible but still pretty good. He's not done just a flat out 140bpm drum beat throughout the whole track, it's actually been done really really well and kept some of the original bits in to add effect. Nice work you welsh boy.


Diplo - C'mon
ahem, yes it's clearly just a Diplo track. It's definitely not a collaboration with a shit DJ who I hate with a passion. okay fine it is, DON'T JUDGE ME. It's just that Diplo's awesome-ness outweighs Tiestos utter douchebaggery. Moving on quickly, it's a nice electro house number but you can clearly see all the signs of Tiesto, the quiet piano getting louder, the annoying voice that yells before the drop etc. Argh, I wish I didn't like this.
Link

Bloc Party - Version 2.0
Very Very Very happy I found this album. Never knew it existed until about a week ago, it's easily as good as all the other albums they've done. Not quite as good as Silent Alarm though, but not much is really. Another Weekend In The City is a collection of B-sides, Demos and Remixes that have been hidden away, all released on one album. The songs vary in style but this one is my favorite. It sounds just like it should be on Intimacy (Bloc party's 3rd album). Loverly synths and guitar throughout.
Link

Kid Cudi - Pursuit Of Happiness
God this is a good song. Day N Night made me think Cudi was just some bell end rapper who liked crookers a bit too much. I was sososo wrong.He's a fucking AWESOME rapper, this proves it. MGMT and Ratatat worked with him on the track, making it even better. Even if it was just him rapping with no music it would still be awesome. It's quite slow but in a chillout/trippy kind of way, not a sleepy kind of way. If there's one song from this post you listen to, make it this one. yes, it's that good.
Link

Kele - Tenderoni
So another song with this guy, although it's his solo stuff which is VERY different from bloc party. I think it's electro, maybe moving into the techno kind of region. The synth is really good but it's really his voice that makes the track good. I'm not sure I'll get the album but it's a good opening single. And I just found out he's playing in a town near me, but it's over 18. I'm thinking I might get a fake ID just for it.
Link


That will do for now I guess, I should be getting a super new banner at the top of the page soon thanks to the brilliant Mel (As if you didn't already know) so that should be cooooooooooooool. I may post again this week, depends on my motivation to revise. Anywho, goodnight all.

1 comment:

  1. i was exactly the same about pursuit of happiness, kid cudi is so good.

    ReplyDelete