16 Mar 2010

The bass keeps coming and coming and coming

OHai, it's been a while since a nice proper post hasn't it?
so I'll do a goodn' for you lot tonight. Lots of electro, some fidget and a bit of dubstep. sound good?
good.

Strip Steve - Dancin

Right for starters we have a nice song I heard on a loooooong mix. The guy is signed onto boys noize records so it should just be a plain electro tune yes? no. sounds it at the start but wait until 1.30. That's when the bass slaps you in the face. can't WAIT to play this through some good headphones or at a party. [Link not available, I'll upload soon as I can.]

Boys Noize - Starter
Okay now it's some good old fashioned heavyheavy electronica. from the King of electro himself. THANK YOU Jace for lending me the album this is on, made my week. and apologies for cracking the case. anyway, it's classic boys noize, all blips and bleeps and high speed loops and painfully good cuts and jumps. As soon as the first drop comes in it melted my ear holes slightly. In a veryvery good way. It may be my favorite boys noize song, at least until lemonade is released.
Link

Laidback Luke & Diplo - Hey! (Foamo Remix)
Laidback Luke is a ridiculously good house music producer. and Diplo is just, well, god. No joke, he is the best producer and mashup DJ I've ever heard. But unfortunately he went a bit mental with the original of this song, it just doesn't sound right. Luckily Foamo went and shoved some lovely fidgety wobbles over the top. Definitely made it better. I think even Diplo accepts that in his godly-ness, he put this remix on an album instead of his original. So he's a good loser atleast?
Link

All Leather - I Don't Hate Fags, God Does (His Majesty Andre Screams Louder Now Remix)
I don't know why I'm loving fidget house so much at the moment. Maybe because it's fucking AWESOME? This is another example although it is straining into the dubstepy area. But fuckmesideways it's a tune, no matter what genre you class it as. Stupid name but whatever. Thank you Dim Mak for such a banger.




Erol Alkan & Boys Noize - Lemonade
Wasn't planning on putting this song in but I heard the full version about 5 minutes ago and ohmygodit'ssogood. And I know this means I've posted 2 boys noize songs in one post but It is so worth it. It sounds just like a redone and more tuneful version on 'Waters of Nazareth' by Justice (awesome song, check it out). Can't fucking WAIT for this to start being sold, I'm buying the vinyl asap. I know it's kinda pointless as vinyl player is currently broken but it's worth having the vinyl just incase. I just listened to the song about 5 times on repeat, I don't think it can ever get old. Apologies for the poor radio rip but it's the only full length version on youtube.




Right that'll do then, goodbye and good luck.

not sure what you need luck with but I hope you get it.

2 comments:

  1. what is the song called that goes "the bass keeps coming and coming"? thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Laidback Luke & Diplo - Hey! (Foamo remix)

    ReplyDelete